Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Finished Project

I've finished my project for the Westcott Brand Designer Display at Craft and Hobby Association in Chicago next month. Hope you like it!

It's a necklace with an interchangeable rose focal point. The roses not on the necklace are "docked" on an organizer that you can use for pencils, makeup brushes, or anything that fits. Of course, it's all done with Duck® Brand Duct Tape, Velcro fasteners, and Westcott Brand titanium non-stick tools. I added cardboard tubes, jewelry findings, a wooden nickel, satin rattail cord, and pieces of a cardboard box.

All of the products were great to work with. The duct tape sheet were fantastic for covering large areas. I also cut it into strips with the Westcott titanium trimmer. There was no residue left on the trimmer, scissors, or knife. Just a good clean cut. I used the trimmer for the corrugated cardboard. It took 2 passes through to complete the cut because of the thickness, but it was still easier than using scissors. Velcro is always great for holding things together.

I had a lot of fun working with the products. I have several more ideas floating around in my head for some other things to do. Watch for more later!





No comments: